The Perfect Home to Host Your Wedding on the Beach
At the Jersey shore, beach weddings and ceremonies are popular, to say the least. With some of the best beaches and boardwalks in the world, getting married on or near the beach provides a romantic backdrop for your photos and there are wonderful ways you can personalize your wedding with beach and seashore-themed touches. If Atlantic City is your location of choice, Monopoly and old Atlantic City themes are fun elements to incorporate. Whatever your style, budget or beach location, here are a boatload of ideas for beach weddings – from the ceremony to the favors.
Beach Ceremony Ideas, & Tips
- Consider a unity-sand wedding ceremony.
- Hire a sand sculptor to create a dolphin or sea-creature lined wedding aisle or any other sea-related sculpture that appeals to you.
- Provide wedding fans, Hawaiian Leis or just-married flip-flop favors for guests attending your ceremony.
- Ask your florist about creating a wedding archway that can be decorated with tropical summer flowers, ribbons, etc.
- Scope out parking and restroom availability.
- If any of your guests are handicapped or required wheelchair assistance, the home is equipped with an elevator.
- In case of rain, be sure to have a backup plan / backup ceremony site.
- Brigantine requires a permit for beach weddings. There's a small fee depending on the wedding size. Be sure to call in advance.
- In addition to checking permit requirements, check to see if beach tags are required for your ceremony guests.